Process Air without Microorganisms
Eliminates Microorganisms in the Production Area
(98.99% Sterlizing effect with UV-C Technology)
Using UV-C Technology, JIMCO has specialised in the elimination of microorganisms and odours.
Due to increasingly higher hygiene demands in the food processing industry, the use of UV-C light to eliminate microorganisms e.g. bacteria, fungi and vira is becoming more and more commonly used.
Using UV-C light to eliminate microorganisms in the air is a technique that has been known for decades. UV-C light reduces the total amount of microorganisms in the room breaking the DNA bonds in the organisms.
In the food processing industry, intake of disinfected fresh air together with bacteria-killing lamps installed in the air ducts of coolers has a huge effect (coolers for bread is just an example).
UV-disinfection - based on an exact calculated radiation rate - keeps the process air free of microorganisms and thus complies with local regulations.
JIMCO A/S is receiver of the EU Environmental Award 1999-2000 for Cleaner Technology
STERILIZING UP TO 99.9% : JIMCO UV-C sterilization enhances the hygiene standards
A minor contamination with microbiology spread by air handling systems commonly used in the production areas may result in faulty commodity or a recall of the goods - an expensive measure for the company. To avoid this, a steadily increasing number of companies decide to sterilize the process air with UV-C light.
Depending on the calculated UV-C dosage, a kill rate of 99.9% of all microorganisms may be achieved. Together with the PLC-control, special UV-C probes developed by JIMCO A/S, ensure that the UV-C light is 100% effective.
Beside sterilizing the room air, UV-C sterilization may also improve the hygiene standard considerably in other processing areas (e.g. conveyor belts in cutters) or during packaging processes (conveyor belts, wrapping films etc.)
JIMCO UV-C sterilization directly affects the quality of your products:
Air disinfection of:
- Prolongs the durability of the products
- Significantly fewer complaints on your products
- Ensures freshness and quality
- Ensures hygiene standards
Surface disinfection of:
- Food processing
- Production of pharmaceutical products
- Wrapping before the packaging process
- Conveyor belts
- Products during the production process
- Industrial Bakeries
Reduces microorganisms when sterilizing production equipment in connection with room disinfection.
- Manufacture of dough
- Bread and bread cooling rooms
- Bread slicing rooms and bread slicing units
- Bread wrapping units
- Meat storage rooms / meat storage shelves
- Cold storage rooms
- Sausage filling / sausage machines
- Smoker oven rooms
- Filling of tinned goods
- Dairies & Cheese Making Diaries
Original cultures will not be contaminated by wild cultures in the air.
- Milk tapping rooms
- Cheese production / storage
- Vessels (empty)
- Production of ice (empty rooms)
- Breweries, Cider Mills, Fruit Storage Facilities
- Essense /- Cold storage rooms
- Vessel & Fermentation tanks (empty)
- Rooms with fermentation tanks
- Filler units / filler rooms
- Fruit storage rooms / packing rooms
- Filling of fruit / vegetable tinned goods
Using UV-C light to eliminate microorganisms is particularly efficiently when storing fresh food - fruit for instance. You do not have to leave the room during treatment.
- Animal Breeding
Indirect air disinfection efficiently reduces characteristic diseases of animals.
- Pig stables
- Chicken stables